Monday 31 October 2011

Week one...done!!

So the good news....I've done the level 3 diet for one whole week and I'm still alive :D
The first week is tough, I'm not gonna lie. You really don't realize just how addicted to food you can become, I have started the level 3 having already spent 2 months loosely following the level 1 diet and it was still tough! I had already given up caffeine and wheat but replaced these with rice and potatoes. I still had headaches, loss of concentration, moodiness (although some might argue that's normal :p) and hunger. These all did subside after the first 4-5 days but hunger was the strangest one....I wasn't actually hungry, in fact was stuffed but it just wasn't the yummy satisfying food that I'm used too so that was really hard.
I've pretty much lived on fruit smoothies, fruit as snacks and varied omelets with vegetables or salad and chicken or steak with vegetables. Also, lemon with hot water is yummy as I love hot drinks because I'm always cold.
I made a slight error this week and added stuffed a chicken breast with spinach and chili....after doing this twice I was chatting to a friend about this diet and realized chili's are peppers...DUH!! Never mind, I won't do it again.
The hardest day for me was yesterday as I went to a baby shower where there was tea, cakes, crisps, sandwiches and sweeties....just the smell made me want to eat but I was a good girl, the only thing that got me through was the thought that by eating one little thing would just undo all of the last week and a bloody tough week it was too so I didn't.
I measured myself this morning and here we have the week one results:
Chest 35" (Same)
Waist 29.1" (Just shy of an inch lost)
Belly 34" (1 whole inch lost)
Hips 39" (1 and 1/2 Inches lost)
Right thigh 22.3" (5/8ths of an inch lost)
Right arm 11" (Same)
So.....nothing to grumble about there, made all the hard work worth while :)

This week....I have Yoga tonight and then need to shoot across to camp for the Halloween workout (quite excited about that!) Tomorrow I have Zumba in fancy dress - Yay! Camp on Wednesday and Saturday and in the mean time a mega busy week at work and any spare time I'll be trying to pack my whole house into boxes!! Roll on a few more inches lost please!!!

After one week I would seriously recommend doing this diet, even as a diabetic, I have had no low blood sugars that I thought I would and feel so much better already :)

DO IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment