Monday 24 October 2011

Can a diabetic live without simple carbs??

So this is the start of a new Fit Camp month, so far I have really concentrated on the exercise and making more healthy choices when it comes to food but haven't really stuck rigidly to any of the diets I have been following level 1 but still had a few naughty snacks but as I managed to reduce my blood sugar level so much whilst just cutting out some bad foods and exercising I have decided this month with Christmas coming to try the ultimate detox - level 3. It's scary because for the last 18 years every dietitian, doctor and family member have been forcing crabs into my diet telling me that as diabetic it's what I need. This makes no sense, as an insulin dependent diabetic I take 5 injections per day one long acting one taken in the morning and again in the evening to act as a constant baseline as the body naturally would have plus an additional fast acting one at each meal to account for the food I eaten. Of course there is allot more room for error as the body knows what it's doing and I am just making an educated guess but even so theres nothing to say that I can not try this diet.
I have taken my measurements this time and I am going to be brave a publish these to that you can see what effect this has....here we go:
Taken in a relaxed, not breathing in state...
Chest = 35"
Waist = 31"
Belly = 35" (The bit I really want to get rid of!!!)
Hips = 40.5"
Right thigh = 23"
Right upper arm = 11"
So there you have it, each week I will update on this and hope after 4 weeks to be a bit smaller :)
Food and meals on this one seems very limited, I have meals planned for this week that I'm happy with but I'm concerned about variety and getting bored. Hey it's only a month right?.
I have yoga tonight, Zumba tomorrow and Swallowfield camp starts on Wednesday. I don't have any trips or things that should stop me making camp this month so I plan to attend all of them!
This is my biggest challenge so far.....wish me luck ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo! Vida directed me towards your blog - it looks really interesting (I love reading anything about nutrition and bodies/fitness/health). I'll add you to my Google reader and come back for a thorough read when I have a mo. All the best - you're doing great. Nic

    ReplyDelete