Monday 3 October 2011

Back to it..


Hello, Sorry I was away for week one of camp on a business trip and didn’t get a chance to update my blog and then last week was a whirl wind of activity!
So my week away, I was in Romania and in a very nice nice hotel which helped. It has a nice gym and swimming pool and loads of food choices. I was fairly good considering that normally taken out of my natural habitat I have less self control than normal. I chose to have fruit and yogurt for breakfast and soup for lunch and had a swim most days although the pool was a bit on the small side. For dinner I did try and make good choices but did succumb to the delicious Hilton Burger on a couple of occasions...whoops.
So I was back Monday and thought I’d have a little power nap before camp and I woke up at 8pm...double whoops. I think I needed that sleep tho.
I was back on Wednesday and with not having gone for 2 ½ weeks it was very hard work. We did one I’d never done before which was the same exercise for 30 seconds 8 times in a row and then onto the next one....very hard work and my bum was killing me the next day after all those squats and lunges!! I did go back Friday night and seriously after the warm up I felt soooo much better. Friday was different again doing all of the exercises traveling across the field and back, normally it’s static in one spot so this was a nice change. I quite like doing camp on Friday night too as it gives me the whole of the weekend to myself.
This was a busy a week as I also sold my house so started the dreaded packing process. I think on the plus side I must have burned a ton calories clearing out my loft and shed :)
I have also noticed that without really trying my blood sugars have remained allot more stable, this is due to regular sensible eating and regular exercise. I am happy to admit that I have not strictly stuck to the diet but reading about what different foods do to your body has made me very mindful about what I chose and has meant that my eating habits have changed for the better, the exercise classes have also got me out of the house and moving which is always a good thing.
Back to camp tonight to see what week 3 brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment