Tuesday 23 August 2011

Feel the burn...


Oh my goodness, Wednesday’s camp last week almost killed. I found it really hard after 2 days of exercise but it felt good to do it and feel proud that I did manage to get through it. I did make a slight error...I had a soup for dinner about an hour or so before and it made it’s presence know. Naughty soup sloshing around my tummy. Anyway alls well that ends well by Saturday my body had recovered after 2 much needed days of rest and by sticking to the food plan and eating healthy meals and snacks my blood sugars have remained the most stable they have in months which is great news and means I have allot more energy.

I am such a womble that I forgot I couldn’t make Saturday mornings camp but hadn’t swapped it for another day so I completely missed one last week. I was really mad with myself but I have allot on my mind at the moment and it’s not the end of the world I guess. Over the weekend I have a few naughty little treats but this is real life and my main purpose for attending fitcamp is to improve my health so I wasn’t too hard on myself and I didn’t go made but I had a glass of wine with my dinner and a lovely Sunday roast. My blood sugars did increase slightly over the weekend so this just means me learning from what I did wrong and making the changes in the future. Bigger, fatter meals require more insulin..simple really but the body is a strange thing.

Then it was Monday and one week down, I have measured myself and have lost all told a full inch over the whole of my body. Not bad considering I have enjoyed all of the food I have eaten and had a lovely but not excessive weekend.

Last night’s camp was really fun too, using different equipment. It made it a bit different and I thought less about about what I was doing and enjoyed it. I don’t ache as much today as I did this time last week. I think this is mainly due to the exercises being more aerobic last night and also an improving fitness level.

I need to make the most of this week as I will miss two camps next week due to a work trip to Germany, that’ll be a real test.....

No comments:

Post a Comment