Wednesday 17 August 2011

2nd camp already!


So...It’s Wednesday and I am still aching from Monday’s first camp, but I do feel amazing!!!

Monday we did a fitness test and the word test just makes me turn into Rocky Balboa or something and I just want to smash it!! it was great!! I love to try and beat my own personal goals and not be in competition with anyone but myself, so this was perfect for me to get started. We all did it in the rain but it was a much needed relief as I was a bit of a sweaty betty after just the warm up.

I got home, had a shower and got straight into bed for the best nights sleep I’ve had in ages! I was a bit concerned about having a Hypo in the night as the exercise normally catches up with me a good few hours later but I was fine and the next morning woke up and my blood sugar was a perfect 5.3. This still feels a little bit odd to me as I’m used to it being at least 8 or 9 on a good day but I have been brave and did my insulin injections to match what I had for my breakfast and by lunch it was 7.6...well within the healthy range for a diabetic.

Last night I did my normal Zumba class...man alive that hurt, my legs were killing but it was good fun as always and I think it helped move my aches to others areas.

I’m sure after tonight’s camp I’ll be fine and I have a couple of days of rest to look forward to.

So far this week I have been really good with my food choices and have stuck with Fruit smoothies, soups and simple dinners of grilled chicken and veg, or a vegetable omlette with salad. I have only had de-caff green tea and water to drink, Yesterday was my worse day with caffeine withdrawal headaches but it’s much better already today and I have no cravings for tea or anything sweet. I hope that it lasts but I do think it is down to feeling full to the top....I hate to admit it but drinking water really does curb your hunger....dam it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment